Canberra Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Canberra event simply Login
Events in and around Canberra
Canberra, the capital city of Australia, is a great place to visit any time of the year. But if you happen to be there during a special event or festival, you'll experience the city at its best. Here are some of the seasonal fun and exciting events you can attend in and around Canberra.
Summer in Canberra is all about enjoying the outdoors and trying new things. Here are some of the events to look forward to.
1. Australia Day: On 26 January, Australia's national day, the city comes alive with events, concerts, and fireworks. You can catch the celebrations at Commonwealth Park, where there's something for the whole family to enjoy.
2. National Multicultural Festival: Held in February, this festival celebrates the cultural diversity of Australia with music, dance, food, and arts and crafts from around the world. It's a great way to experience different cultures in one place.
3. Summernats: If you're a car enthusiast, make sure to attend Summernats in January. It's Australia's biggest celebration of horsepower with hot rods, muscle cars, and burnout competitions.
Autumn is a beautiful time of year in Canberra, with the trees turning golden and red. Here are some of the events to enjoy during this season.
1. Canberra Balloon Spectacular: Held in March, the Balloon Spectacular is a colorful display of hot air balloons filling the skies over Canberra. Get up early to watch the balloons take off and enjoy breakfast at the event.
2. Enlighten: This festival takes place in March and features a stunning display of light projections on some of the city's iconic buildings. There are also music performances, food stalls, and a night noodle market.
3. Australian National Botanic Gardens Festival: This festival celebrates the beautiful gardens of Canberra with outdoor cinema, guided walks, live music, and food and wine stalls. It's held in April and is a great day out for the whole family.
Winter in Canberra can be chilly, but there are still plenty of events to keep you warm and entertained.
1. Canberra Truffle Festival: Truffles are a specialty of the region and the festival takes place in the winter months of June to August. You can attend truffle hunts, cooking classes, and degustation dinners.
2. Fireside Festival: This festival holds in July and celebrates the cozy atmosphere of the winter season with roaring fires, wine tastings, and hearty food. There are events at local wineries, restaurants, and pubs.
3. Floriade NightFest: Floriade is the annual spring flower festival, but in August, they host NightFest, a magical celebration of light, music, and flowers after dark. The event features live entertainment, food stalls, and a pop-up bar.
As the weather warms up, Canberrans flock outdoors to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Here are some of the events to enjoy in spring.
1. Canberra International Music Festival: This festival takes place in May and features classical music performances from local and international musicians. There are also workshops, masterclasses, and pop-up concerts around the city.
2. Canberra Craft Beer & Cider Festival: Beer lovers will enjoy this festival held in March. There are over 200 beers and ciders to sample, as well as food stalls and live music.
3. Old Bus Depot Markets: This weekly market is held every Sunday and is a great place to shop for local crafts, food, and products. It's a popular event, so get there early.
As you can see, there's no shortage of fun and exciting events to attend in and around Canberra. Whether you're interested in food, music, culture, or the outdoors, there's something for everyone. Make sure to check the event calendar so you won't miss out on any of the action.
Australia Day: Contact the National Australia Day Council at email@example.com
National Multicultural Festival: Contact Multicultural Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6205 0049
Summernats: Contact Summernats at email@example.com or (02) 6241 8111
Canberra Balloon Spectacular: Contact Events ACT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6205 0666
Enlighten: Contact Events ACT at email@example.com or (02) 6205 0666
Australian National Botanic Gardens Festival: Contact the Australian National Botanic Gardens at (02) 6250 9540
Canberra Truffle Festival: Contact the Canberra Region Truffle Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6241 8740
Fireside Festival: Contact Visit Canberra at email@example.com or (02) 6205 0044
Floriade NightFest: Contact Events ACT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6205 0666
Canberra International Music Festival: Contact the Canberra International Music Festival at email@example.com or (02) 6230 5880
Canberra Craft Beer & Cider Festival: Contact Visit Canberra at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6205 0044
Old Bus Depot Markets: Contact the Old Bus Depot Markets at email@example.com or (02) 6295 3331