Canberra Local Services
Canberra ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Canberra site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Canberra Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Canberra When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Canberra Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Canberra Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Canberra ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Canberra and a Place to Meet
The canberra.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Canberra
Canberra is the capital city of Australia and is located in the Australian Capital Territory. It has a population of over 400,000 people and is known for its beautiful scenery, cultural attractions, and vibrant arts scene. Here are some interesting facts about the region of Canberra:
1. Canberra is the only city in Australia that was entirely planned before it was built. The city was designed by American architect Walter Burley Griffin in 1912.
2. The name Canberra means “meeting place” in the local Ngunnawal language.
3. Lake Burley Griffin is a man-made lake that was created in the center of Canberra in the 1960s. It is named after the city’s designer, Walter Burley Griffin.
4. The Australian War Memorial is located in Canberra and contains a museum and memorial dedicated to the country’s military history.
5. The National Gallery of Australia is located in Canberra and contains over 166,000 works of art.
6. The Parliament House of Australia is located in Canberra and is home to the country’s federal government.
7. The Australian National University is located in Canberra and is one of the country’s top universities.
8. Telstra Tower is a telecommunications tower located on Black Mountain in Canberra. It is the tallest structure in the city and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
9. The Royal Australian Mint is located in Canberra and produces all of the country’s coins.
10. The National Library of Australia is located in Canberra and contains over 10 million items, including books, photographs, maps, and manuscripts.
Overall, Canberra is a beautiful and culturally rich region of Australia that is home to many important cultural institutions and landmarks.