Canberra Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Canberra Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing canberra.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Canberra for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Canberra?
Galleries, Museums and Historical venues in and around the region of Canberra in Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Canberra, the capital city of Australia, is known for its history, culture, and scenic beauty. The city is home to some of the best galleries, museums, and historical venues in the country. These attractions are a glimpse into the country's past, present, and future. Here is a comprehensive list of galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Canberra.
1. National Gallery of Australia: This art gallery is the largest in the country, and it houses a collection of over 160,000 works of art. The gallery features artworks by Australian and international artists. The collection includes paintings, sculptures, photographs, prints, and drawings.
Location: Parkes Place, Parkes ACT 2600
2. ANCA Gallery: ANCA Gallery is a contemporary art space in Canberra. It is dedicated to promoting and exhibiting emerging and established artists from across the country.
Location: 1 Rosevear Pl, Dickson ACT 2602
3. M16 Artspace: This artist-run initiative is dedicated to supporting emerging artists in Canberra. It has a range of programs that support artists at different stages of their careers.
Location: 21 Blaxland Crescent, Griffith ACT 2603
1. Australian War Memorial: The Australian War Memorial is a museum and commemorative shrine that honours the sacrifices made by Australian men and women who served in wars and conflicts around the world. The museum has a vast collection of military artifacts, including weapons, uniforms, vehicles, and aircraft.
Location: Treloar Cres, Campbell ACT 2612
2. National Museum of Australia: This museum showcases the history and culture of Australia. The museum's collection includes indigenous artifacts, colonial-era objects, and contemporary Australian art and design.
Location: Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula, ACT 2601
3. Questacon: Questacon is a science and technology center that features interactive exhibits, hands-on activities, and live shows. The museum is designed for people of all ages and is a popular destination for school groups and families.
Location: King Edward Terrace, Parkes ACT 2600
1. Old Parliament House: This historical venue was home to Australia's federal parliament from 1927 to 1988. Today, the building is a museum and cultural center that showcases the history of Australian democracy.
Location: 18 King George Terrace Parkes ACT 2600
2. Royal Australian Mint: The Royal Australian Mint is the sole producer of Australia's circulating coins. The mint has a museum that provides visitors with an insight into the process of coin production.
Location: Denison Street, Deakin ACT 2600
3. Lanyon Homestead: Lanyon Homestead is a historic property that dates back to the 1830s. The homestead has been restored and is open to the public for tours. The property also has a cafe and a gift shop.
Location: Tharwa Drive, Tharwa ACT 2620
Canberra is a city that is rich in history and culture. Its galleries, museums, and historical venues provide visitors with an insight into the country's past, present, and future. From art galleries to science centers and war memorials to homesteads, the city has something for everyone. Be sure to check out these must-see attractions on your next visit to Canberra.
Canberra Galleries and Museums Articles