Canberra Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
The Australian Capital Territory, where Canberra is located, is generally considered a safe place to live and visit. However, like any other urban area, there are certain risks to your personal safety that you should be aware of.
Dangers and Warnings
- Pedestrians and cyclists should exercise caution on roads, particularly during peak traffic hours.
- Keep an eye on your belongings in public places such as shopping centers, cafes, and public transportation.
- Be cautious when using ATMs at night, and avoid walking alone in poorly lit areas.
- Be aware of the risk of bushfires during the dry summer months.
- In case of emergency, dial 000 for police, ambulance or fire services.